Wednesday, August 5, 2009

DEFCON 17

Was held from 31 July to 2 August in Las Vegas. Makes me sad all the interesting stuff happens in places I could never go, would've been nice to attend the speeches, though it wouldn't be of much use to me since I have no hack skills, code or otherwise. Hopefully I'll have the time (and the discipline) to learn C-prog before the year ends.

A bit sad I missed the dates, assumed it was in mid-August or something, had planned to follow updates. Something always happens there.

In case you were wondering, Defcon is an annual tech & hacking conference. It has its own set of really unique events (eg coffee wars?) , but the main draw to me would be the guest speakers and badge hacking, and the occasionally 'happenings'(this year's was a fake ATM in the hotel spotted by a con-goer, among others).

No comments: