Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Computer Woes

So I just wasted 10 hours of formatting and installing OS/drivers. After the mandatory restart from Service Pack 2 installation, OS was screwed. First it wouldn't boot normally, so I went into Safe mode to do a system restore. Next thing I knew, no OS detected.

Have installed OS(again...) on a second partition. My deduction is that some malware interfered the SP2, possibly carried over from the data copied from the infected HDD. But virus scan came back with nothing. It could be possible the OSes with the same serial clashed, I had a slave HDD with the same serial OS. But then again it was OK until SP2 was installed.

Another estimated 2 hours before SP2 finishes downloading. Got a fresh SP2 installation from microsoft site. Funny I couldn't access MS official site all this while until this OS install, malware again?

No comments: